Health benefits of cinnamon are known to the humans since ancient times. Healing properties of cinnamon are described in manuscripts in Sanskrit about 2800 years B.C.
Cinnamon (also known as Cassia, Ceylon cinnamon or Saigon Cinnamon) is one of the world´s oldest healing herbs. It has been used in ancient China, in India´s ancient Ayurvedic medicine, ancient Egyptians. Greeks and Romans also adopted cinnamon as a spice and a healing herb with big spectre of medical properties.
Beside it´s usage as a spice, modern science has confirmed other health benefits of cinnamon. It´s proven that cinnamon prevents infections and helps manage diabetes. It can be used as a treatment for diarrhea. This herb strengthens the immune system and can be good natural medicine to treat fever, cold or flu.
Cinnamon is known to be one of the best natural antiobitiocs. Full of antioxidants, it contains a salicylate which can reduce your body temperature. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Often prescribed for nausea, vomiting, flatulence and stomach cramps.
This herb is a good source of vitamin C, K, B2 & B6, calcium, iron, manganese, copper and zinc.
All health benefits of cinnamon:
- Prevents infections. It has antibacterial properties, destroy fungi and stops it´s growth. Natural antiseptic that kills decay-and-disease-causing bacteria and viruses, can destroy Escherichia Coli and Candida (responsible for vaginal yeast infections) and bacteria that causes food poisoning – Salmonella.
- Reduces cholesterol. Researches proved that by taking just one teaspoon of cinnamon per day can help you reduce cholesterol level by more than 20% in just a month and lower the fats; which can significantly reduce the risk of many heart diseases.
- Reduces blood sugar. Daily consumption of cinnamon can help you reduce your blood sugar level by about 20-30% , that´s why the cinnamon should be the main part of healthy diet for diabetics.
- Helps with the pain. Cinnamon contains eugenol which is natural anesthetic, and can help you relieve the pain from cuts and scrapes.
- Lowers blood pressure. Researches proved that cinnamon can help you reduce your high blood pressure.
- Helps with digestive problems. Cinnamon helps break down fats in your digestive system by boosting the activity of a particular digestive enzyme called Trypsin.